Welcome back! So excited to have boxes back this week, and I know you are too. As we approach the weekend, I'm wondering what your plans are for Cinco De Mayo? Any fun parties, cooking out with friends, just enjoying the weather outside? It's looking like Cleveland is going to give us a beautiful weekend, and I couldn't be more excited!
This week I'm giving you an easy one pan meal, perfect for the Mexican fiesta you may be planning! The best part about a one pan meal is a one pan clean up. My favorite! Everything cooks together making the meal come together quickly.
We are using this week's cauliflower, onions, tomatoes, and lemons to make some cauliflower tacos and salsa! I added some fresh cilantro and avocado into the mix, but feel free to use whatever toppings you like, such as cheese, sour cream, hot sauce or whatever else you have in the fridge. Let's get to it!
Sheet Pan Cauliflower Tacos with Blender Salsa
1 Perfectly Imperfect Cauliflower, chopped into florets
1 Perfectly Imperfect Onion, halved. Cut half into thin fajita slices & half into wedges for the salsa.
1 Perfectly Imperfect Tomato, quartered
1/3 cup fresh cilantro
Roasting Sauce: 1 tsp. ground cumin, 1 tsp. ground chili powder, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. paprika, 3 Tablespoons of olive oil.
the juice of half a lemon
tortillas (corn or flour)
Any additional taco toppings you like
1. Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and arrange your veggies on it.
2. Toss everything but the quarted half of the onion and the tomato with the roasting sauce.
3. Transfer pan to oven and roast veggies for 25 minutes, until soft to the touch, and golden brown on the tops.
4. Combine roasted tomato, half the onion, cilantro, and the lemon juice in a blender with 2-3 Tablespoons of water and a pinch of salt. Blend until combined. Transfer to a bowl and let cool in the fridge.
5. Once salsa is cool enough to eat, plate roasted cauliflower and fajita onions with your favorite toppings and enjoy the fiesta!
Hope you love this recipe as much as we do, and if you recreate it, share your pictures with us on Instagram, and tag us, @perfectlyimperfectproduce! Have a great weekend, friends! See you next time!