Hi there, friends!! Loved looking through this week's box and catching a glimpse of melon season! Did you get a honeydew? I love incorporating melon into both sweet and savory recipes, and that's what we did here at PIP this week! I made a mixed green salad with the spring onions, melon, blackberries and some crumbled feta cheese. The dressing was an easy pantry hack, one part of your favorite jarred pesto, to two parts of your favorite ranch. The basil element compliments the sweet fruits in the salad.
As it is almost Memorial Day weekend, I also made a cocktail! You can make this a "mocktail" for the kids with ease, subbing the alcohol with orange juice or even just water. The honey and the melon make it sweet and refreshing. Lets get to it!
Spring Honeydew Salad
1 small container of Perfectly Imperfect mixed greens, or any salad mix, about 4-5 cups.
1/4 Perfectly Imperfect honeydew melon, peeled and sliced thin
1 Perfectly Imperfect spring onion, sliced thin
1/2 cup Perfectly Imperfect blackberries
1/4 cup crumbled feta
2 tablespoons pesto
4 tablespoons ranch
1. In a large bowl or serving platter, arrange your greens as the base.
2. Layer melon, onion, blackberries, and cheese on top.
3. Mix pesto and ranch for dressing, and toss with salad, or serve on the side for guests to dress their salad themselves. Enjoy!
Honeydew Basil Cooler
1/4 Perfectly Imperfect honeydew melon, peeled and cubed
1 cup ice
1/2 cup vodka (or tequila)
1 tablespoon honey
1 lime, juiced
5-6 fresh leaves of basil
1. Combine all ingredients in blender and puree until smooth.
2. Garnish glasses with a rim of salt or sugar, and add a slice of lime and a leaf of basil for garnish.
As always, we LOVE to see your creations! Tag us in your food photos on Instagram, @perfectlyimperfectproduce so we can keep up with you! Thanks for another greek week, and have a happy holiday weekend!