Is it just us, or is anyone else in shock that tomorrow is Friday? Between cooking demos, packing your boxes, and teaching little one's about healthy eating, the PIP team cannot believe how fast this week has flown. We had a blast!
So excited for the beautiful and ripe strawberries that made their way into our boxes this week, so we wanted to share something a little special. We blended the strawberries with freeze dried strawberries, some coconut flour, and rolled them into little truffle balls, coating them in chocolate, and saving them for a sweet treat snack attack.
If you use a vegan chocolate, these little bites are not only vegan, but gluten free! I think kids will love to get into the kitchen with this recipe and help shape the truffles, and of course, get their hands a little messy with the chocolate dunking!
The secret ingredient here is the coconut flour. Coconut flour is extremely dry and absorbs moisture quickly, making this strawberry puree into a thick dough, which rolls easily into little balls for truffles! We hope you love this recipe, and can't wait to hear what you think!
Four Ingredient Strawberry Cake Truffles
1 package of Perfectly Imperfect strawberries, 16 oz
1 cup freeze dried strawberries, I find these in the dried fruit aisle. Save a few on the side to crush for garnish.
1 cup coconut flour
1 cup chocolate for melting, I prefer dark!
1. Slice tops off strawberries, and add to a blender. Puree until smooth and add 1 cup freeze dried strawberries and blend again until everything is smooth. Save a few of the freeze dried strawberries, and crumble for garnish.
2. Add strawberry puree to a large bowl and stir in coconut flour. The mixture will get really thick and turn into a dough consistency.
3. Spray some non-stick spray on your hands and roll dough into small balls, you'll get anywhere from 12-15. Freeze balls for 30 minutes.
4. Once truffle balls are chilled, microwave chocolate for :30 seconds, if it's too thick, add a tsp of canola or coconut oil. Stir, and microwave another :30 seconds. Stir, and if still some unmelted chocolate remains, microwave for :15 more seconds.
5. Line a baking sheet with a paper bag or parchment. Roll strawberry dough balls in the chocolate, and set on paper, sprinkle with a little bit of crushed dried strawberry.
6. Once all balls are rolled in chocolate, transfer sheet pan to fridge for at least an hour. After the truffles are firm and chilled, you can serve, or save in a covered container in the fridge until you're ready to eat!
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do! As always, we love to see your weekly creations! Be sure to tag us on instagram, @perfectlyimperfectproduce, so we can see what great foodie ideas you have this week. Have a great weekend, and a happy Holiday Week!