A huge hello to our organic box friends! Hi, I'm Aubrey! You probably have seen my recipes on this page before if you got our original box, but if you're new to Perfectly Imperfect with the organic box, I just wanted to say a huge welcome! Think of me as your personal chef! You get to hear from me weekly, helping you figure out a funny looking vegetable, or helping you switch it up in the kitchen with a fun recipe.
This week we are using those organic sweet potatoes/yams for our simple recipe! If you're dairy free or gluten free, or both, I will list some substitutions for you after the recipe.
You can microwave or steam your sweet potato, but I'm always in a hurry to get a tot into my mouth as quickly as possible, so I pierced all around the sweet potato with a fork, and microwaved it for 8 minutes, until tender, let it cool, and scooped the insides into a large bowl to mix with the other ingredients. You can dip these in ketchup, or into maple mustard, which I will share with you, too! Let's dig in!
Organic Sweet Potato Tots
2 cups steamed Perfectly Imperfect organic sweet potato, no skin
1/3 cup organic parmesan
1/3 cup organic bread crumbs
1/4 cup organic parsley
2 organic eggs
salt & pepper to taste
non stick spray
1. Preheat the oven to 425, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mash 2 cups of steamed sweet potato until softened. Add eggs, parmesan, bread crumbs, parsley, salt & pepper, and mix thoroughly.
2. Spray your hands with non stick spray, you will have to do this a few times, the "dough" is sticky. Roll small amounts of the tot dough into balls, and shape into a small square bite, like your favorite freezer snack!
3. Place them on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes on one side, flip, and finish baking for 5 more minutes.
4. While the tots are baking, you can make the Maple Mustard. Mix 1/3 cup organic avocado oil mayo with 1/3 cup organic whole grain mustard, and 1/4 cup locally sourced maple syrup. Mix.
5. Dip warm tots in Maple Mustard or ketchup, and enjoy as a side with dinner, and afternoon snack, or a fun tray to put out for your football parties! Enjoy.
Gluten Free- Sub gluten free bread crumbs
Dairy Free- Sub nutritional yeast or add additional bread crumbs
Both GF & DF- Sub 1/3 cup gluten free bread crumbs & 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Be sure to tag us on instagram, @perfectlyimperfectproduce, with your creations this week! We can't wait to see them.