It's Valentine's day, and here at PIP, we're seeing red, buffalo wing sauce red! How romantic! Grab a slice of this spicy veggie pizza and snuggle up for a night in!
I want to tell you guys something, I don't like cauliflower crust pizza. I'm a firm believer that pizza should be pizza and that's that. It's nothing against the delicious vegetable, and maybe I've never had a good recipe, but please, oh please, just trust me here.
I'm a huge buffalo chicken fan, whether it be in dip, wings, pizza, you name it, I want it. Tossing our Perfectly Imperfect cauliflower with buffalo sauce and ranch, and adding it to a pizza might be my best idea yet. The cauliflower gets a little caramelized from roasting on the dough, bringing out its sweetness, but still having that garlic-spicy punch from the combo of buffalo ranch.
You can use a pre-made dough, you can ask your friends at your favorite pizza joint for a ball, or you can follow my recipe linked here for a quick & easy homemade dough! If you try it, be sure to let me know what you think! Let's dig in!
Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza
1/2 head Perfectly Imperfect cauliflower, cut into small florets
1 serving pizza dough
1/2 cup ranch
1/2 cup buffalo sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella
garnish optional- thinly shaved celery, blue cheese crumbles, fresh cilantro, diced red onion
1. Preheat oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper & set aside.
2. Toss cauliflower in half of the buffalo sauce, and reserve the remaining sauce.
3. Roll out the pizza dough to the thickness you prefer, I like mine thin and crispy, and add to baking sheet. Spread half of the ranch on the crust as the sauce. Set the rest to the side.
4. Sprinkle the cheese evenly on the sauced dough, and then top with the cauliflower pieces tossed in hot sauce.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly.
6. While pizza is baking, mix the reserved buffalo sauce and ranch to make buffalo ranch for the post-bake drizzle.
7. Once pizza is cooked through, sprinkle with garnish of your choice, and drizzle with buffalo ranch, or serve on the side for extra dipping!
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do, and that you make it at home. Be sure to tag us on instagram, @perfectlyimperfectproduce, so we can keep up with your foodie journey, and share your ideas! Thanks for another great week, and Happy Valentines Day!