Don't despair, we've got pears! Happy organic delivery day! Is delivery day your favorite day of the week, too? We love catching your unboxing videos and seeing what you come up with each week in the kitchen!
We're pretty excited about this week's box - gorgeous organic zucchini, leeks, pineapples, carrots and lots of other organic goodies. But mainly we are so thrilled about the pears! They're crisp and juicy and are perfect in this scone recipe.
Scones are like buttery, fluffy, shortbread biscuits. I ate my body weight in them while in Ireland last year, and I'm always on the hunt for a similar recipe. If you've also eaten your body weight in scones while abroad, try these and let me know what you think! Either way, you should make these! Let's dig in!
Organic Pear Scones
2 Perfectly Imperfect pears
2 cups all purpose flour
4 tablespoons cold butter
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons coconut sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. In a separate bowl, whisk egg, vanilla and milk. Reserve one tablespoon and set aside to brush on the top before baking.
3. Grate butter into flour mixture, and combine with hands until butter is in very small pieces amongst the flour.
4. Dice one of the pears, and mix into the butter/four mixture. Then add milk/egg mixture and stir until a wet dough forms. Pour dough out onto a floured surface and knead 2-4 times with your hands, and form a round, 1 inch thick disk. Cut into 8 pie slices, and place on a baking sheet, evenly spread a part.
5. Thinly slice the remaining pear. Brush remaining milk/egg mixture on top of scones, and lay thinly sliced pears on top. Bake for 12 minutes, or until scones are golden brown.
6. Serve warm with butter, and store the remaining in the fridge!
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do, and that you'll make it in your home! Be sure to tag us on instagram, @perfectlyimperfectproduce, so we can keep up with your foodie journey! We love to see what you're up to in the kitchen each week!