This week's box sure is a beauty! It's full of the summer essentials for a cookout and lots of delicious color to perk up from all the rain Ohio has been having.
We've got local kale, lettuce and my favorite, rainbow chard! The stem colors are stunning! We've also got lots and lots of fruit- pineapple, peaches, watermelon, cantaloupe; all perfect for this week's recipe. Grilled Fruit Salad!
I grew up eating salt on my melon, so I love that salty sweet flavor profile. How about you? Throwing these fruits on the grill adds a smokey flavor, but really enhances the sweetness from caramelizing the outside. I mean, come on. It's too good.
Pair grilled fruit with a salty cheese and a fresh herb like mint or basil, and you've got a dynamically beautiful plate, that's shockingly easy. I think that's a great theme for the summer, simple but gorgeous. Are you on board?
To share the love in this grilling season, we're going to be doing a fun little giveaway series on social media, with #perfectlyimperfectgrilling. Be sure to tag us in your grilled PIP recipes over the next few weeks. We'll be sharing some of our favorites and giving some free boxes away! Let's dig in.
Grilled Fruit Salad
2 cups Perfectly Imperfect watermelon
2 cups Perfectly Imperfect cantaloupe
2 Perfectly Imperfect peaches
1/4 cup feta
1/4 cup fresh basil
1. Cut fruit into large pieces, peaches into quarters and the melon into large chunks, removing the rind.
2. Heat your grill and spray grates with nonstick spray.
3. Grill fruit for 3-5 minutes per side, until grill marks form. Remove from grill and let cool.
4. Cut fruit into bite size pieces and arrange on a serving platter. Sprinkle with feta and fresh basil.
5. This would be delicious with a balsamic glaze, a drizzle of olive oil or eat as is. Fridge stable for 1-2 days after serving! Enjoy!
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Be sure to tag us in your #perfectlyimperfectgrilling pictures this summer, @perfectlyimperfectproduce. We cant wait to see what you come up with!