TGIF, friends! Today is our one year anniversary for our Organic Boxes and we couldn't be more excited to tell you that we're having an Organic Sale! Starting next week, all of our organic options have reduced pricing, as a huge thank you to you, our organic customers! And don't forget to spread the word, because every time someone mentions you as a referral, you get $10 off of your next box!
Back to the Friday vibes. We've got a little happy hour snack coming to you this week.
How gorgeous are these black radishes from Lettuce Heads Farm in Wellington OH?
They need a quick rinse and they're ready to eat! They're crisp and spicy, with a tiny hint of sweetness. The greens are bitter and are great in pesto, soup or adding a few of the small tender leaves to salad. Radishes are a great crunchy element to add to any dish. They can be roasted as a low carb starchy side, shaved thin over greens, or added to the top of your tacos or bowl of chili for a spicy, refreshing bite.
We're using the radish top to bottom for this recipe, sautéing the greens and adding them to ricotta for a schmear. We thinly sliced the black radish and dressed it simply in olive oil and salt & pepper, so the flavor really speaks for itself. These make a great party snack or appetizer! Let's dig in!
Black Radish Crostini
1 medium Perfectly Imperfect black radish, sliced thinly
1/2 cup of Perfectly Imperfect radish greens, rinsed and chopped roughly
1 loaf of baguette, sliced into 12-15 rounds
1 lemon, juiced
1 clove garlic
1 cup ricotta
1 tsp chili flake (optional)
1/3 cup plus 2 T olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
Parmesan or Herbs to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425. Bake baguette rounds for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown. Set aside.
2. Toss thinly sliced radish with 1 T olive oil and plenty of salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In a skillet, add remaining Tablespoon of olive oil and heat to medium high, adding the chopped greens. Cook for 5 minutes, until greens are soft and wilted. Transfer to blender.
4. Add clove of garlic, chili flake, lemon juice, 1/3 cup of olive oil and plenty of salt and pepper. Pulse on high until greens are a smooth texture.
5. Stir greens mixture into ricotta, and spread dollops of mixture onto slices of crostini. Add the radish slices, and garnish with fresh herbs or parmesan cheese. Best enjoyed right away!
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Be sure to tag us on Instagram, @perfectlyimperfectproduce, when you recreate it in your own kitchen! For other ways to order and donate to eliminating food waste, find us at perfectlyimperfctproduce.com. Thanks for another great week, PIP friends!