Hi PIP friends! This week on the blog, we're doing a round up of some of our favorite fall recipes. Click the links to find a handful of our most loved autumnal favorites!
We're refreshing our sweet potato tot recipe for you. If you're new here, or just haven't used it yet, it's a game changer. We're using this week's organic sweet potatoes for our simple recipe! If you're dairy free or gluten free, or both, I will list some substitutions for you after the recipe.
You can microwave or steam your sweet potato, but I'm always in a hurry to get a tot into my mouth as quickly as possible, so I pierced all around the sweet potato with a fork, and microwaved it for 8 minutes, until tender. Let it cool and scoop the insides into a large bowl to mix with the other ingredients. You can dip these in ketchup, or into maple mustard, which I will share with you, too! Let's dig in!
Sweet Potato Tots
2 cups steamed Perfectly Imperfect organic sweet potato, no skin
1/3 cup parmesan
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup parsley
salt & pepper to taste
non stick spray
1. Preheat the oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mash 2 cups of steamed sweet potato until softened. Add eggs, parmesan, bread crumbs, parsley, salt & pepper, and mix thoroughly.
2. Spray your hands with non stick spray, you will have to do this a few times, the "dough" is sticky. Roll small amounts of the tot dough into balls, and shape into a small square bite, like your favorite freezer snack!
3. Place them on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes on one side, flip and finish baking for 5 more minutes.
4. While the tots are baking, you can make the Maple Mustard. Mix 1/3 cup organic avocado oil mayo with 1/3 cup organic whole grain mustard, and 1/4 cup locally sourced maple syrup. Mix.
5. Dip warm tots in Maple Mustard or ketchup, and enjoy as a side with dinner and afternoon snack, or a fun tray to put out for your football parties! Enjoy.
Here are a few of our other fall favorites! Let us know what you love, and send us your photos of your creations, too! We love to see you in the kitchen!
Our OG classic- Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese
Our favorite Sweet & Savory breakfast! Stuffed sweet potato with peaches and nut butter!
Delicata Squash Fries- Perfect for this week's box!
Curry Squash Soup- So warm and comforting!
Apple Pie Pancakes- Perfect for the Jonamac apples in this weeks box!
We hope you love these fall recipes as much as we do! Be sure to tag us on Instagram, @perfectlyimperfectproduce, when you recreate it in your own kitchen! For other ways to order and donate to eliminating food waste, find us at perfectlyimperfctproduce.com. Thanks for another great week, PIP friends!