Brown Butter Roasted Carrots with Honey Yogurt Dressing
Hi my name’s Lauren from The Bite Size Pantry and I’m taking over the guest recipe spot for Perfectly Imperfect Produce this week. Let me give you “a little bite” out of my life. I’m a family-taught cook and food is one of my greatest passions in life, but I suppose there is a little more to me than just food. I am a fur-mama to two wonderful rescue pups, Herbie and Nelly and our cat Grayson, who are all part of The Bite Size Pantry household. They love to keep close to me in the kitchen and they make the cleanup process a whole lot easier. Thanks to this wonderful social media community I’ve been able to pursue my dream of cooking and creating recipes. I just love food and I really love sharing that love with others who love it too. Keeping meals simple, satisfying and accessible to all is the main purpose behind my cooking, but I always add a touch of creativity and uniqueness.
So, for this Valentine’s Day or just a day that you want to make a “sweet” side dish for dinner try my Brown Butter Roasted Carrots with Honey Brown Butter Yogurt Dressing. This recipe is “rooted” in my heart and I hope you’ll enjoy it too.
Brown Butter Roasted Carrots
7 Perfectly Imperfect carrots, quartered long ways
4 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. honey
2 garlic cloves
1 cup greek yogurt, full fat
¼ c brown sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 425 F.
2. In an oven safe skillet, heat your butter over medium/high heat for about 3mins until it becomes frothy and begins to brown slightly. Then add your honey and garlic and continue to cook for about 2mins, whisking every so often so that it’s all mixed together.
3. Once your brown butter sauce is done, reserve 2 Tablespoons for your yogurt dressing and add your carrots to the pan. Toss them in the sauce and then sprinkle with brown sugar before placing the pan in your oven. (if you don’t have an oven safe skillet just transfer the carrots to a baking pan).
4. Bake the carrots in the oven for 15-20mins until tender. Remove them from the oven and let them cool for a couple minus while you make your yogurt dressing.
5. For the dressing, just add the reserved brown butter sauce to your Greek yogurt and mix well. Pour this over the carrots or place in a ramekin for dipping your carrots in.
Note: if you want a fun festive way to present your dish, try arranging your carrots on a serving tray in the shape of a heart *pictured here. Garnish with a couple pomegranate seeds.
We hope you'll try Lauren's recipe. Visit her on Instagram @thebitesizepantry. Don't forget to tag us @perfectlyimperfectproduce to show us what you're making in your own kitchen.